Correct words in bracket
English language learning: Grammar, Composition, Vocabulary & Pronunciation
Correct form of the words in the
bracket. There may either be inflection or derivation.
- (imagine) evils are incurable.
Imagined evils are incurable.
- Wrong life cannot be lived (right).
Wrong life cannot be lived rightly.
- I really get (frustrate) if people not smile.
I really get frustrated if people not smile.
- The important thing is not to stop (question).
The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Youth is (easy) deceived.
Youth is easily deceived.
- She is (wear) a new felt hat.
She is wearing a new felt hat.
- Most of the wars are (fight) only for loaves and fish.
Most of the wars are fought only for loaves and fish.
- We have (have) our tea.
We have had our tea.
- As soon as I saw he had (leave) the room.
As soon as I saw he had left the room.
- Your parents are (worry) about you.
Your parents are worried about you.
- I once saw a man (walk) on the rope.
I once saw a man walking on the rope.
- Books (read) in childhood seem like old friends.
Books read in childhood seem like old friends.
- Here are your shoes. I just (cleaned) them.
Here are your shoes. I just cleaned them.
- Did you think you (see) me before?
Did you think you saw me before?
- When he (have) his dinner he went to bed.
When he had his dinner he went to bed.
- I (receive) your letter yesterday.
I received your letter yesterday
- It (be) Eid the next month.
It is Eid the next month.
- These cars are (solid) made.
These cars are solidly made.
- There are some (irregular) in the accounts.
There are some irregularity in the accounts.
- He grasped him (firm) by the arm.
He grasped him firmly by the arm.
- I shouldn’t do it if I (be) you.
I shouldn’t do it if I were you.
- The sun (shine) when we went out.
The sun was shining when we went out.
- The (offend) driver received a large fine.
The offensive driver received a large fine.
- I (grateful) took the cup of coffee she offered me.
I gratefully took the cup of coffee she offered me.
- He is the (old) player in the team.
He is the oldest player in the team.
- Does he (enjoy) pop music?
Does he enjoy pop music?
- These old houses are (build) of stones.
These old houses are built of stones.
- Tom (practice) music since morning.
Tom had been practicing music since morning.
- I (shock) to see him in such a condition.
I was shocked to see him in such a condition.
- I have been (play) tennis since last year.
I have been playing tennis since last year.
- The exercise (comprise) three questions.
The exercise comprises three questions.
- A man (run) a thorn into foot.
A man ran a thorn into foot.
- You mustn’t get up until your temperature (go down).
You mustn’t get up until your temperature goes down.
- This information is of a (late) than that.
This information is of a later than that.
- His leg (hurt) in an accident.
His leg are hurt in an accident.
- He sat on (earth) floor.
He sat on earthen floor.
- I have been very tired (late).
I have been very tired lately.
- (Does) my sister and I look alike?
Do my sister and I look alike?
- I took you that you (will) find it difficult.
I took you that you would find it difficult.
- (Do) he take you with him to the zoo last time?
Does he take you with him to the zoo last time?
- I am (worry) about it.
I am worried about it.
- The thief was brought to (booked) by the police.
The thief was brought to book by the police.
- She (behold) the fist (rise).
She beheld the fist rise.
- He (fell) the tree.
He had fellen the tree.
- The water level has (fall) in the dams.
The water level has fallen in the dams.
- I (work) in this university since 2001.
I have been working in this university since 2001.
- We (not pay) the shopkeeper last month.
We did not pay the shopkeeper last month.
- It scorched my face as if it (be) fire.
It scorched my face as if it was fire.
- Ethics (be) the science of duty.
Ethics is the science of duty.
- I asked her if she (will) come to the pictures.
I asked her if she would come to the pictures.
- He made (force) entry into my room.
He made forced entry into my room.
- Akram has a (ghost) figure.
Akram has a ghostly figure.
- Inam had to (fled) to his country.
Inam had to flee to his country.
- His vision is (defect), he can’t see clearly.
His vision is defective, he can’t see clearly.
- (Jealous) is an evil passion.
Jealousy is an evil passion.
Press Ctrl and D to make
this site your favourite
Copyright © 2014. All Rights Reserved. this site is Protected by DMCA
and Copyscape. No copy of contents, or any other material is authorized